Over the course of this year, the country had gradually come out of the government-mandated lockdowns. As the vaccine spread and confidence grew, local leaders lifted the deeply-hated business restrictions, social distancing rules, and mask mandates. That lead to a resurgence of spending, travel, and shopping.
But thanks to Joe Biden, this comeback was crippled, thanks to poorly-timed welfare.
Joe handed out extended unemployment checks, just as businesses were looking for returning workers. The extra money, in some cases, provided more cash than if people went back to work. Joe was literally paying people to stay home.
Quickly, states moved to reject this federal unemployment, to encourage residents to find jobs. Over the early summer, we saw a dramatic shift in this work shortage—at least, in some states.
Now, a new report reveals which states are recovering much better than others. You can guess yourself.
A new report reveals that red states are observing far more robust job growth than blue states…
- Vermont — Gov. Phil Scott (R)
- Utah — Gov. Spencer Cox (R)
- Nebraska — Gov. Pete Ricketts (R)
- South Dakota — Gov. Kristi Noem (R)
- Idaho — Gov. Brad Little (R)
- New Hampshire — Gov. Chris Sununu (R)
- Alabama — Gov. Kay Ivey (R)
- Kansas — Gov. Laura Kelly (D)
- Montana — Gov. Greg Gianforte (R)
- Oklahoma — Gov. Kevin Stitt (R)
All of the bottom ten states are led by Democrats:
- Illinois — Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D)
- New Jersey — Gov. Phil Murphy (D)
- Louisiana — Gov. John Bel Edwards (D)
- District of Columbia — Mayor Muriel Bowser (D)
- California — Gov. Gavin Newsom (D)
- Connecticut — Gov. Ned Lamont (D)
- Nevada — Gov. Steve Sisolak (D)
- New York — Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D)
- New Mexico — Gov. Michelle Grisham (D)
- Hawaii — Gov. David Ige (D)
[Source: Daily Wire]
A group called WalletHub looked at a variety of unemployment and jobs reports from over the last year to compile this data. Clearly, red states with strong conservative leadership are rebounding much quicker than blue states. That’s because Republican states were willing to end the extra unemployment. On top of that, red states were far less likely to cripple their economies with harsh lockdowns in the first place.
Meanwhile, blue states were shut down for over a year. Schools, churches, and businesses of all kinds were forced into bankruptcy. Even when reopened, you can’t expect all businesses to just bounce back. On top of that, millions of residents refused to look for work—and Democrat governors did not end Biden’s extra handouts.
The great irony of it all is that unemployment runs out. All those folks who sat back for months, refusing to find work as businesses begged for help, will be very upset in a few weeks. By the time they realize they need to find a job, many of them will already be filled (and not just by legal citizens). What are they going to do then?
Biden and state Democrats deliberately created a situation where potentially millions of Americans will be out of work indefinitely.
Now, why would they want that?
Author: James Anderson